- Tue., May 04CPO POP/Fusion CourseMay 04, 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.CPO POP/Fusion CourseAs Ontario reopens, make sure you and your aquatics team are CPO certified. This Certified Pool & Spa Operator (CPO) couse is online with a 1 day live session with your instructor, Scott Bowron. Your exam will be online right after your live session.
- Wed., May 12Residence Inn Gravenhurst
- Tue., May 18CPO POP/Fusion CourseMay 18, 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.CPO POP/Fusion CourseAs Ontario reopens, make sure you and your aquatics team are CPO certified. This Certified Pool & Spa Operator (CPO) couse is online with a 1 day live session with your instructor, Scott Bowron. Your exam will be online right after your live session.
The PHTA (formerly NSPF) Certified Pool Operator Certificate (CPO) Course is now available in 2 formats, a 2-day in person instructor lead course and an online blended primer course and a 1-day instructor lead course online. Both courses cover the 18 chapter course materials and exam for CPO certification.
Learn how to:
Reduce risks in and around the water
Prevent drowning, recreational water illness, suction entrapment, evisceration, diving accidents, electrocutions, chemical hazards, and slips and falls
Address regulatory guidelines
Maintain disinfection and water balance
Manage water problems
Perform troubleshooting, chemical testing, and record keeping
Manage chemical feed
Utilize automation and technology
Ontario Health Regulation:
6. (2) Every operator shall be trained in public pool and public spa operation and maintenance, filtration systems, water chemistry and all relevant safety and emergency procedures.
A CPO® Certification provides individuals with the basic knowledge, techniques, and skills of pool and spa operations. This training has helped protect millions of swimmers by reducing hazards at aquatic facilities.
* Our CPO® training course teaches to Ontario provincial codes *
**Textbooks & Exams are available in French & Spanish upon advanced request**
In-Person 2-Day Course Schedule
Model Aquatic Health Code - MAHC
Ontario Health Code 2018 - Key changes
CDC - Recommended pool fouling/fecal response
Microbiology in pool water
Pool water problems/balance
Types of pumps and controllers
New design considerations
Written Exam - 50 questions
*exams availabe in French & Spanish