- Mon, Nov 28CPO Online Course with Primer
- Mon, Dec 12BarrieDec 12, 8:30 a.m. EST – Dec 13, 5:00 p.m. ESTBarrie, 35 Hart Dr, Barrie, ON L4N 5M3, CanadaLearn the industry standards and take the CPO certification 2-day course. This Certified Pool & Spa Operator course is an in-person classroom course with your instructor, Scott Bowron. COVID-19 Safety Protocols will be followed according to Ontario Public Health.
- Wed, Dec 14BarrieDec 14, 8:30 a.m. EST – Dec 15, 5:00 p.m. ESTBarrie, 35 Hart Dr, Barrie, ON L4N 5M3, CanadaLearn the industry standards and take the CPO certification 2-day course. This Certified Pool & Spa Operator course is an in-person classroom course with your instructor, Scott Bowron. COVID-19 Safety Protocols will be followed according to Ontario Public Health.
- Mon, Dec 19CPO Online Course with Primer
The PHTA (formerly NSPF) Certified Pool Operator Certificate (CPO) Course is now available in 2 formats, a 2-day in person instructor lead course and an online blended primer course and a 1-day instructor lead course online. Both courses cover the 18 chapter course materials and exam for CPO certification.
Learn how to:
Reduce risks in and around the water
Prevent drowning, recreational water illness, suction entrapment, evisceration, diving accidents, electrocutions, chemical hazards, and slips and falls
Address regulatory guidelines
Maintain disinfection and water balance
Manage water problems
Perform troubleshooting, chemical testing, and record keeping
Manage chemical feed
Utilize automation and technology
Ontario Health Regulation:
6. (2) Every operator shall be trained in public pool and public spa operation and maintenance, filtration systems, water chemistry and all relevant safety and emergency procedures.
A CPO® Certification provides individuals with the basic knowledge, techniques, and skills of pool and spa operations. This training has helped protect millions of swimmers by reducing hazards at aquatic facilities.
* Our CPO® training course teaches to Ontario provincial codes *
**Textbooks & Exams are available in French & Spanish upon advanced request**
In-Person 2-Day Course Schedule
Model Aquatic Health Code - MAHC
Ontario Health Code 2018 - Key changes
CDC - Recommended pool fouling/fecal response
Microbiology in pool water
Pool water problems/balance
Types of pumps and controllers
New design considerations
Written Exam - 50 questions
*exams availabe in French & Spanish